Please excuse the mess! We are under construction.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Washable Swiffer Covers Floor Cleaner

Ever since I created my washable Swiffer Covers my floors have been cleaner than ever before the babies started eating solid foods. But, honestly, I have never been super happy with how my laminate floors look after being mopped. I’ve tried lots of different commercial cleaners, plain water, water and vinegar and Swiffer Wet Cloths. They’ve all done varying degrees of OK, and required different levels of elbow grease, but none of them left me thinking “damn, that’s a clean floor.” Let’s face it, after you spend the time mopping, you want to be impressed by your floors.

 

Today, I was impressed with my floors…

 

Wanna know what I used? You know you do…

 

I used this cleaner, with a damp washable Swiffer Cover.

Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner:

  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 Cup White Vinegar (mine was infused with orange…)
  • 1 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
  • 1/4 tsp Dawn (the plain old blue kind)

Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle, shake it up to disburse everything evenly.

 

Just mist your floor, let it sit for a minute on the sticky spots (please tell me I’m not the only person with sticky spots…) then go over it with the Swiffer. Easy peasy and cheeeeeeeap!

 

My vinegar was infused with orange because 1) I hate throwing away citrus peels, I always feel like I should be able to do “something” with them and 2) orange oil is an awesome cleaner. Also “infused with” sounds really fancy, but really… I just put the peels from a couple of oranges in a glass jar (it used to contain salsa, if you must know) and covered them with white vinegar. Then, let it sit for a couple of weeks (or months…).

 

Baby Hooked Boutique specializes in hand crafted crochet baby hats, featuring the Boobie Beanie and Crochet Crown! Our baby beanies and hats are terrific for keeping little heads warm, and are perfect baby photo props, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment