Please excuse the mess! We are under construction.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Free Pattern: Baby Barefoot Sandals

Hiya! So, I spent this morning lounging in the sun working on a new idea. Barefoot. Sandals.

Now, I can't take credit for the concept. I've seen them around for a while, and when I searched on Etsy and Google, there were others there already. But... my nieces feet needed jewelry and it was a fun break. I came up with about six different designs this afternoon (poor Sissy doesn't have a matching pair, yet...), but I thought I'd share the most basic one with you!

Mind you this is sized for a toddlers foot (she wears a size six, but they also worked for my son who wears an 8). My niece (20 months) wore them for a couple of hours. My son ripped them off immediately. Technically, he told me to rip them off immediately. But, he also doesn't like the little piggy game, so... yeah, I didn't figure he'd want something hooked around his toe.

Baby Barefoot Sandals - FREE PATTERN
with worsted weight yarn and a G hook (I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Hot Purple and Hot Green)

Chain 10
Join with sl st to first ch (makes a little toe sized loop)

Body:
Round 1: Ch1, 2sc in the loop, ch1, turn
Round 2: 2sc in ea sc across (4sc), ch1, turn
Round 3: 2sc in first st, sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in last st (6sc), ch1 turn
Round 4: Sc in ea st across (6sc), ch1

Edging:
sc down the side of the sandal (4sc)
10 sc in toe loop
sc up the other side of the sandal (4sc)

Ankle Strap:
ch 25, skip 6sc, join with sl st to the ch1 space from the end of round 4

Cut yarn, weave in ends.

Repeat for the other foot.

Easy, peasy.

Will get some photo's posted on Monday when my model comes back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment