Please excuse the mess! We are under construction.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Home Goodies On the Way

I can't wait to show you guys what I've been up to! But until I can get the new stuff finished and photographed (which is by far the harder part for me!), I wanted to share a story about where the idea came from.

Before my son was born my kitchen floor stayed fairly clean. I actually (and I'm a little ashamed to admit this) never really mopped it. I'd use a Swiffer wet cloth on it every now and then, or spot clean it with a towel, but I never owned a mop.

Enter toddler. Sorry, enter two toddlers, as my sister's daughter eats two meals and a snack here everyday, too. Yeah, my little occasional toweling just isn't cutting it on the clean floor front. Since we've become a single income family as well, I just can't see shelling out $10+ every month on disposable wet cloths. So, obviously, I needed to just buy a mop, right?

Not so much. I looked at my Swiffer pole, and decided I could just turn IT into a mop. So, I did! I have made washable, Swiffer cover that can be used wet or dry. When dry it works every bit as well as the disposable ones. When wet it works as well as a sponge mop (so says my mom, I've already admitted to having no reference point on this one). Guess what? My kitchen floor is cleaner than it's been since, well, probably ever... but, definitely since The Boy has been born. Yay!

The eco-friendly Swiffer Cover (which needs a catchy new name, methinks) spawned a whole mess of ideas for cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment