Please excuse the mess! We are under construction.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

About Minta

When my son was born in 2010 I found that not a single hat we owned (or were subsequently given) truly fit a newborn. They were either too big and fell into his eyes, or too small and popped off the top of his head. It seemed so simple, keep a hat on the baby, but the hats had other plans. Since I couldn't find a perfect hat, I made one, then another and another. This was the beginning of Baby Hooked Boutique.

My mom taught me to crochet when I was young, and I found it to be the perfect art for creating head warmers for my little one. I started with the traditional acrylic yarn, but soon found that many super soft cotton and bamboo (and blended) fibers were out there just waiting to be turned into hats and sweaters for babies. Super soft is so important for babies delicate skin!

I have enjoyed making these items for my son so much, and I want to share them with everyone! So, please check back often for new items made from baby & eco friendly materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment